Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 October 2009

Poetry and inspiration of the Western Desert by Charlotte Taylor



A poem inspired by the desert...

Lost opportunities
where nothing can grow

Like a desert
open empty space
under a scorching heat

Full of Fata Morgana's
Wells, never discovered
never explored

By night
velvet soft touches
full of slow dreams

You and I
love finanlly
come down to earth

By Charlotte Taylor

Charlotte was one of my guests on the last Western Desert Trip and sent me this poem, Fata Morgana that she refers to means a mirage, so she means the wells were a mirage. The word mirage, is french, from the Latin mirare, meaning "to look at, to wonder at". This is the same root as for "mirror" and "to admire". The painting is also inspired by the desert of Egypt and the egyptian gods and is painted by my friend lorraine

My next trip into the Western Desert begins on 20th December 2009
you can email me caroline dekker on neteroe@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment