Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Kom el Dikka Roman Amphitheatre at Alexandria



When I visited my friend and fellow tour guide Iris Meijer who now lives in Alexandria, she took me to visit Kom el Dikka Roman Amphitheatre, which is the only Roman ampitheatre in Egypt. Kom el Dikka means mountain of ruin, originaly there were remains of the Napoleon Fortress.

The ampitheatre has marbel stairs, and we sat quietly and meditated as we were alone. The whole area is full of spirits and I felt like I had been touched several times. The energy is really nice and the spirits were very excited that there were people noticing them and listening to them. To me it felt like lectures were held here as well as plays. It is a beuatiful theatre in a nice environment surrounded by greenery and small palm trees offering a real taste of the Mediterean atmosphere of Alexandria, It was most enjoyable to have an experience of Roman culture, as most of my work is in the major temples of the ancient Egyptian period.




The theatre was really beautiful, originally it would of had mosaic tile decorations, and a marbal seating area, as I stood in the center of the theatre from the play area, the seats rose above and circled around me in thirteen rows, I felt totally uplifted and felt I could almost hear the laughter of the ancient romans.

Walking along the paths we passed areas used for roman bath houses, and we saw beautiful baths that I would die for, imagine the luxury of bathing in a gorgeous alabaster bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment